Friday, April 27, 2012

Cream Waffles

Early this week I was talking to a friend about breakfast. The normal breakfast items came up like bacon and eggs and so on but then waffles were mentioned. Growing up I loved to top my waffles(and pancakes) with a certain something which some friends always teased me about. I never mentioned this in our conversation but then my friend brought it up first. I was so happy to hear I wasn't the only one who liked to eat my waffles this way.
 I love a crispy on the outside waffle, covered with peanut butter and a drizzle of honey or syrup on it. When you take your first bite you get that crispy crunch first then the sweet and creamy texture of the syrup and peanut butter just blends right in. You can't open your mouth but you can hear Mm. I couldn't eat a whole waffle but I loved every bite that went into my mouth. I know it sounds weird but like they say, don't knock it till you try it.
 You can top waffles with practically anything these days from sweet to savory. You just have to experiment with your different tastes. Today I am going to share my simple basic waffle recipe with you. Make it for breakfast and enjoy. I know when I made mine today, I sure did. I also know if you love peanut butter like me you will use it for a topping!!


Cream Waffles

Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream(liquid not beat)
4 tbsp brown sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Toppings (optional)
Butter
Peanut Butter (I use Skippy creamy)
Buttery syrup
or Honey

Heat your waffle iron. In a large bowl beat eggs. Then add remaining ingredients and beat until well mixed (it will look lumpy). The batter will be thick, spoon batter on to hot iron. Bake about 5 minutes or to your liking(crispy or real soft etc). Then remove waffle when done, carefully. This will make about 12 ,4 inch square waffles. You can use any waffle iron you like. You can top it any way you like as well. Serve with fruit or even a side of bacon with it. Use your imagination.

Just a note, this waffle batter is not real sweet. So if you like a sweet batter, you will need to adjust the recipe and add more sugar to your taste.

Remember, have fun and make it yours.

And that's the "DISH" for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment