Sunday, June 3, 2012

Celebration Cakes

Birthday Cake(Engagement Cake) and Strawberry Shortcake  Cupcakes are celebrations cakes I did this weekend for family and friends.

White Cake with vanilla cream filling and whipped topping.
Malissa's birthday/ Congratulations on Engagement Cake



For Malissa's  birthday cake and congratulations on her engagement to Frank... it's a white cake with vanilla cream filling and whipped topping frosting...It's like eating an eclair without the Chocolate.....Mm.

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

Dominique's Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake.



Now for Dominique's Promotion and confirmation, she chose the Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes.... a vanilla cupcake filled with fresh strawberries in a light strawberry gel then a swirl of whipped topping with a strawberry garnish on top. A light and refreshing dessert sure to please the crowd.

I would like to say Congratulations to both of them!

And so all the baking is done and you begin to look around.  On the counter over here you have the left over cake pieces from the trimming and hallowed cake pieces from the cupcakes. Then on the other counter you have the leftover filling. The leftovers are not enough to make any whole desserts but you can definitely make a couple of individual ones if your creative. I had a couple of ideas in mind so I took some parfait cups I had in the cupboard and yes, I made parfaits!


White cake, vanilla cream filling,whipped topping
and drizzle of chocolate gnache.
(Looks like ice cream, right!)

Eclair Cake Parfait




Today I'm not going to share a recipe, but give you some ideas and show you what I came up with.
All you have to do is take some filling place it at the bottom of you parfait cup then add some cake pieces(I used a mini ice cream scoop and pressed the cake in scoop, it reminded me of ice cream) then whipped topping and layer again. To top it off  I had some chocolate gnache and I drizzled it over the top of the parfait (now that tasted like an eclair cake). You could add chopped nuts, fruits and different flavored topping for the drizzle.  Just be creative and have fun with this.

Remember, have fun and make it yours.

And that's the "DISH" for today!



No comments:

Post a Comment