Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cream of Cauliflower Soup

"Cheddar" and "Orange Bouquet" what are they? Well let me tell you, those are names for Orange Cauliflower. Did you know that orange cauliflower has 25 times the level vitamin A of white varieties.
I was visiting with my parents and my dad had some of this cauliflower. Mom told me to take it home and try it and so I  did.
 When I got home I thought how am I going to cook this, so I washed and cut it up. Then I decided to boil it. As it was boiling I was thinking a cream of cauliflower soup would be good.  Then I made my list of ingredients, got them together and made cream of cauliflower soup. As I was thinking of what I had to put into the soup, I thought of all the possibilities too. Like adding ham, bacon, chives, potatoes, red bell pepper, broccoli and cheeses. Recipes like this you can experiment with till perfection.  Just use your imagination.

You can serve this for lunch or dinner. It serves 2, if using soup bowls. It would probably serve 3 if you use a cereal size bowl.


Cream of Cauliflower  Soup
Ingredients:
1 head of orange cauliflower (or white)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can(15oz?) cups chicken broth
1/4 cup cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
Parmesan cheese (optional)
shredded cheese(optional)
croutons(optional)


First cut and rinse cauliflower.  In a medium pan add cauliflower, onion, broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Bring to a boil till soft. Then puree with a hand held puree mixer or food processor until smooth.  I used a hand held puree mixer and pureed it in the pan until smooth. If using a processor after pureed, place back in pan, add cream and if needed adjust flavor to taste.


For serving, you can plate in soup bowls. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, shredded cheese and or croutons. You could also serve this with sourdough or garlic bread.


Remember have fun and make it yours.


And that's the "DISH" for today!







domenica's dish....Blog it baby!
Because everyone likes to blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment