Monday, March 19, 2012

Sugar Free Hot Mocha

Do you ever have that craving for something sweet, especially when your watching what you eat?  Well I do and it normally happens after dinner.  I guess you would say dessert time.  In the evening after dinner we start to relax watch TV or I do some writing.  Then that craving kicks in. I take a minute and go to the kitchen looking for that something sweet.  I don't have much to choose from. You see the last time I went shopping I made sure I didn't buy anything that would tempt me in the process of watching what I'm eating.  So in the cupboard I have unsweetened cocoa and sweetened cocoa. I grab the unsweetened cocoa and the Splenda.
So I decide to make my hot cocoa actually its going to be a mocha. Not only did this satisfy the sweet craving but I also got my coffee fix too.  Today I'm going to share this recipe. This recipe is for one cup but you can make it for more. It's so easy and you can adjust it so many ways with your imagination.

Sugar Free Hot Mocha

Ingredients:
12 oz hot coffee( I make my coffee strong)
1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa(I used Hersey's)
1 1/2 tbsp Splenda sugar
One mug or coffee cup

First place the coffee in the cup then add the cocoa and the sugar. Stir well. Then taste and adjust flavor if needed. Then sit down and relax with your hot drink.  Mm.Mm.
For some serving suggestions you can use milk instead of coffee to make a hot chocolate. You can also use instant coffee or brewed add some cream to make more creamy, a little marshmallow or whipped topping on top. How about adding some shaved chocolate on top for presentation wise. Be creative you don't have to make sugar free if you don't want too.

Remember have fun and make it yours.


And that's the "DISH" for today!





blog it baby.... because everybody likes to blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment