Thursday, March 15, 2012

Low Sugar Peanut Butter Cookies (My Twilight Cookie)

The Twilight Saga.....Those who know me , know I'm a hopeless romantic. I love the romantic so called "chic flicks". Why won't men sit and watch these movies or shows, they just want to watch sports! I say where's the love, sitting next to your honey, sharing a moment in time.
  So believe it or not the other day was the first time I watched The Twilight  Saga movies(which were awesome to me), all of them. A couple, I even watched twice (not that same day though).
 It was evening time and in between these movies I decided to have a snack.  A cookie and cup of coffee sounded so good.  Something warm, soft, sweet and to sit on the couch with my cuddly blanket.  And there for......
Today I'm going to share my recipe for low sugar peanut butter cookies. These cookies are soft, peanut buttery and great tasting. You can adjust this recipes buy adding chopped peanuts, peanut butter chips or chocolate mini chips. I used splenda, splenda brown sugar  and substituted all purpose flour with wheat flour. Use your imagination and put your" love "into what you make.

Low Sugar Peanut Butter Cookies (My Twilight Cookie)
Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour( or wheat)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup splenda sugar
1/4 cup splenda brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup peanut butter( I used creamy)


In a large mixing bowl (I used my counter mixer) combine butter and both sugars. Next add the peanut butter, egg and mix. Then add baking powder and flour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a mini ice cream scoop(or teaspoon) scoop cookie dough and drop on a baking sheet lined with parchment baker (or greased sheet). After dropped on baking sheets you can make fork imprints on top, just press top down just a little(I use the back of the scoop and press lightly down on top of cookie) or just leave as is.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until bottoms are light brown (your preference, depending on if you like them real soft or a harder cookie).
This recipe makes about 18 cookies.

You can serve these on a cookie plate, your favorite dish or just grab a couple and run to the couch, before the next movie starts.


Remember have fun and make it yours.


And that's the "DISH" for today!








 Domenica's Dish.........Blog it baby!
Because everyone likes to blog.














No comments:

Post a Comment