Monday, March 12, 2012

Spicy Stuffed Tomato

Today I'm going to talk about eating something healthy. Like many people I too need to watch what I eat. It's so hard when you love to cook and eat food. I think that's why I always look for simple items to cook with less ingredients.  My thinking on that might be less ingredients less calories which we all know isn't necessarily true.
 So today I've been spending a lot of time looking into eating more proteins and vegetables.  There are a lot informational sites to view on the intranet.
 I am going to start with making a very simple dish. This dish can be used for lunch or dinner. It's very light. It's my recipe for Spicy Stuffed Tomato.

Spicy Stuffed Tomato
Ingredients:

2 large tomatoes(tops cut & center seeded)
12 oz cottage cheese nonfat(or your choice)
Tapitia Hot Sauce (or your choice)
1/2 cup finely diced onions (your choice, the green or red would stand out in color & flavor)
Toppings (of your choice) I used shredded mozzarella
salt & pepper(to taste)

First wash the tomatoes, cut tops off and seed out the center. So the tomato resembles a cup.
Sprinkle some tapitia sauce in the inside of the tomato.  Then place on serving dish or platter you will be serving on. In a small bowl combine cottage cheese and onion. Them fill the center of the tomato slightly above top. Then sprinkle with more tapitia and top with a pinch of shredded cheese.
You can serve these alone on a leaf or bed of lettuce, with crackers or slices of bell peppers(green, yellow or orange) with a side serving of ranch dressing. How about a dash of italian seasons on top too. There are many possibilities.


Remember, have fun and make it yours.


And that's the "DISH" for today!






domenica's dish....Blog it baby!
Because everyone likes to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment