Monday, May 28, 2012

Molasses Cookies

Molasses Cookies
(on a platter)
Normally when you think of molasses you probably think about Christmas time and gingerbread. I love the molasses flavor so I think anytime is a good time. This recipe I am going to share today has light molasses flavor that everyone is sure to love. You can pair this molasses cookie with a glass of milk, coffee, tea and how about some red wine, for a snack or dessert. That sounds good to me! You will find this recipe fairly easy and fast. So be creative and enjoy.  Some suggestions are: add extra molasses, cinnamon, nuts and how about chocolate chips. I even substituted the allspice in my recipe for pumpkin pie spice.
This recipe makes about 28-30 cookies(depending on what size you make them). I used the mini ice cream scoop for my cookies.


Molasses Cookies


Ingredients:


2 cups flour ( I used all purpose)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp of allspice)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dark molasses
1 egg

Mini ice cream scoop size
used for small cookies
Molasses Cookie Dough
Molasses cookie scooped on
baking sheet










Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl (or counter top mixer) combine egg, molasses, brown sugar and butter. Mix well then add the remaining dry ingredients till well mixed.  Next place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spoon the cookie dough and place onto baking sheet. I used mini a ice cream scoop but you can also take a teaspoon of dough place it the palm of your hand and roll it into ball then place on baking sheet(your preference). Bake in oven for 8 minutes. When done baking, take them out of the oven and let them cool. Just a note these are very delicious warm!
Then  I dust some powdered sugar over the top for presentation not to mention a little extra sweetness.
By the way this puts out an amazing aroma through the house, a warm comfy feeling.
I served these on a platter and put some away in the cookie jar.


Remember, have fun and make it yours.

Molasses Cookie
(close up)




And that's the "DISH" for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment