Thursday, February 23, 2012

Coffee Time....

Coffee anyone?


For many of us we start our day with a cup of coffee.  I know for me my favorite iced coffee is a Starbucks Carmel Macchiato (the regular is the best but these days, I have to go the light version and have a nonfat) and for a hot coffee the White Mocha.  These drinks I would call a splurge. I could only buy them once in a while due to price, but their the best in my opinion.

As a consumer we have a lot of options at the stores to make our own drinks at home as well, like the various flavored powder mixes and the liquid flavors. You can even get these in sugar free flavors.

I would take leftover coffee that was brewed from morning and place in a container and refrigerate it.  Later in the afternoon, when I have that coffee craving, I would make an iced coffee.  You can use items  you have on hand in your cupboard or refrigerator.  Just use your imagination.

Today I am going to share how I make my Iced Coffee DD style.  It's very simple. You may think, it's not going to be the same as a Starbucks. Your are right, but hopefully it will satisfy that craving you have until you get the real thing.

Iced Coffee
Ingredients:

Coffee(your choice, I use a very strong bold flavor)
Creamer(your choice, I use something not so great for you but rich in flavor, whipping cream)
Ice(crushed or cubed, I prefer crushed)
Sugar (optional,your choice)
Carmel topping(chocolate syrup or topping of your choice)
Cinnamon
Liquid Flavoring (your choice, on hand I have banana, hazelnut, coconut and vanilla)
Whipped topping (optional)

You will see I didn't place how much of each item you need.  Everyone likes there coffee different, some a lot of coffee little cream, some little coffee a lot of cream and the same with flavoring. I would say just use your judgement. You are going to be the drinking this.

First I take a 12-16 oz. glass or plastic cup(I use these clear plastic cups with lids at home. You can get them at Smart and Final.)and place my ice in the cup. Then I pour my cream in, then coffee, sugar and or flavorings. Next drizzle topping in drink(I use Carmel a lot and sometimes I drizzle on the inside of cup before I put ice in.)  I take a straw then stir around, top with whipped cream, cinnamon and place my lid on cup.

There you have it, your own version of iced coffee.

Remember, have fun and make it yours!

And that's the "DISH" for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment