Friday, February 10, 2012

It's Friday and after work you just want to relax.  Normally my husband and I would be going out for dinner, but today we decide to stay in. So off I go to the cupboard. I'm thinking nothing really heavy but comforting. I have a box of fettuccine Alfredo and some frozen shrimp in the freezer. I decide to make Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine. A simple dish anyone can make. You can serve this by itself, with garlic bread and or a salad.  You can use many things to top these fettuccine noodles, chicken, ground beef, pork and steak. You could even do veggie fettuccine. So take a look at the recipe below and make it yours!

Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine

1 Box Fettuccine Alfredo (I used Pasta Roni)
12oz Frozen Shrimp (1 bag medium size,cooked,peeled and deveined)
1 Stick of Butter or Margarine
1/4 cup of Olive Oil (or cooking oil)
TSP of Crushed Garlic ( or onions if no garlic)
Dash of Garlic Salt
Dash of Black Pepper

Defrost Shrimp, if you are using frozen shrimp. In the mean time, prepare boxed fettuccine as directed.
In another sauteing pan melt butter and add Olive oil.  Then add garlic,black pepper,garlic salt and saute. After about 5 minutes add shrimp to garlic butter mixer and saute until shrimp is to your liking(5-7 minutes).

For plating I place a serving of Fettuccine in the middle a plate and then take a scoop of  garlic shrimp and place it on top of fettuccine. I always add a little extra garlic butter sauce too. You can add some parmesan cheese also.

Remember, use your imagination

And that's the "Dish" for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment