Saturday, February 11, 2012

Soup and sandwiches go great together on a day like today. No sun, slight breeze, to me it looks like the fog will be rolling in. Though it's only early afternoon. Time for lunch! Today I'm going to share my deli sandwich recipe. You can use any type of bread, lunch meat, cheese and lettuce. It's all about your taste.
I make my own red wine vinaigrette for the sandwiches. You can use any type of condiment you'd like though. This recipe serves 2 or for light eaters 4.

Domenica's Deli Sandwich
with Red Wine Vinaigrette

1 Baguette of your choice (12 in)
9-12 oz  Lunch meat of your choice ( I use peppered Turkey & Black Forrest ham)
4 Slices of Cheese of your choice ( I use Cheddar for Ham and Smoked Gouda for Turkey)
2  Roma Tomatoes Sliced (optional)
1/2 Red Onion sliced (optional)
1/2 Spring Mix Lettuce (I used the bagged type)

Vinaigrette

3/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar of your choice( I use a Pomegranate red wine vinaigrette)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1TBP Sugar

Adjust ingredients to taste, I have to every time for some reason. But I always get it the way I like.
I place my vinaigrette in a squeeze bottle so it's easier to put on sandwiches.
For assembling I cut the baguette in half. Then cut the halves but not all the way through (you can if you'd like though). Pull bread apart a little. Then squeeze on vinaigrette both sides of bread. I start at the bottom of bread and place lunch meat first then lettuce( its multi colored so it makes the sandwich stand out)sliced tomatoes, sliced onions then cheese and of course the top half of bread. You can squeeze some more vinaigrette over top of lettuce and or sandwich if you like.

I wrap the sandwiches in wax paper then tie butcher string  around the middle of wax paper. If you don't have wax paper you can use syran wrap or just place toothpicks in the center of them. It's a great presentation if you are taking these out to someones house, event, party etc. I you don't have butcher string you can use any type of wrapping string or ribbon even.




                                                         Remember make it yours.

                                                      And that's the "DISH" for today!





No comments:

Post a Comment