Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Valentine Gift....

Everybody loves Chocolate! Here is an easy Valentine Day gift idea.
With everyone being so busy these days, no one has time to really shop. Baking comes
from the heart. Even if it doesn't look the like the picture in the recipe.

In my family it was kind of a joke at first. The joke was made by me and my sister as we watched my mom try a new recipe. It looked not so much like the picture or how we invisioned it to be. Well we started saying from then on "It's Rustic".  So whenever we made something that didn't look that great but tasted good, we would bust out laughing "its rustic". Mom got a laugh out of it too.

So today I am going to give you a quick 
gift idea you can make from home.

A Heart Shaped Brownie...
Some items you will need:

1 Box of Brownie mix ( I used Ghiradelli)
1 Ready to use frosting ( I used Betty Crocker  chocolate and vanilla)
Decoration Sprinkles (Optional)
Heart shaped cookie cutter
Ribbon(optional)
Plastic container ( paper bag or box)
Heart Dollie(optional)

First you need to bake your brownies as directed on the box(to your preference, I choose really moist,stick to the roof of your mouth). After baking let them cool. Placing them in the freezer about 30 minutes or so helps with the cut outs.

Now while in the pan I cut out my heart shapes. Then I took a metal spatula removed them individually from
the pan. You can remove them what ever way is easiest for you. Then I had some heart shaped dollies so I placed the brownies on the dollies (if you don't have dollies just place the brownies on the table,plate,wax paper or tin foil).  Then take your container of frosting and heat it up in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds at a time until the right drizzle consistency(like chocolate syrup).  Now take a regular teaspoon and stir up frosting and then starting from the top of brownie work you way down to bottom zig zagging(it doesn't have to be completely covered unless you want it that way). If your using two colors, I drizzle one at a time. Then take your sprinkles or nuts, whatever topping you would like to use(maybe just leave it plain) and sprinkle on top.


Let the brownies sit so frosting gets a little firm. While the frosting sets get your containers or bags whatever you are going to be using ready. I happened to have had some containers on hand so I used those. You can use a brown bag, party favor plastic bag,a box even some saran wrap. For the tie I used ribbon. You can use  any style of ribbon,string or even tape. Use your imagination.

 














Here is my finished Valentine Day gift.  I hope you have fun with this idea. Don't forget to make it yours.

And that's the "Dish" for today!












No comments:

Post a Comment