Friday, February 17, 2012

What a day!

Today I did quite a few errands. Went to see family members too. So I went to my sister & brother in law's house. My sister in law invited my husband and I to have dinner. Of course we accepted, who wouldn't.  As we were eating dinner, I noticed she had this recipe with a picture on it. It was linked to other recipes on a paper that fan folded. It was a recipe for pork chops with apples and onions. The picture looked pretty good. She said was going to try this recipe. I had to take a look at the ingredients. It looked so easy, I wanted to try it too! Of course. you know I was going to adjust the recipe and make it mine. I'm going to give you the ingredients for the recipe.  There are different ways to adjust this though. Your just going to have to try what ever you like. I will throw in some suggestions at the end.

Ingredients:

4 pork chops (of your choice, I usually use a center cut)
Olive oil (or cooking)
2 Medium Apples peeled/sliced, not too thick (your choice)
1/2 White Onion sliced in wedges
1/2 cup of Water
1/2 tsp of Crushed Garlic (or chopped)optional


Place Olive Oil in a frying pan.  Then when oil is heated, put pork chops and garlic in frying pan. You can add a little salt and pepper to your taste on top of pork chops( or any other seasonings you want to try). Cook the pork chops till close to being done. Next, take the pork chops out of pan and place on a dish. Now place the apples,onions and water into frying pan. Then place a lid on the pan  and cook for about 15 minutes. Until the apples are tender. then place porch chops back in pan to finish cooking. When the pork chops are done you can plate them on a platter or individual dishes. I would place the pork chop on the dish first, then top with apples and onion.

There are a couple different ideas I have for the apples. How about instead of apples, just before serving use applesauce and heat that in the pan with onions. It should cook down a little. OK, this one sounds weird but what if you tried the apple pie filling and used that instead of apples. I would probably do that one because I like the sauce sweeter and the filling is sweeter than just the apple sauce, you also get the apples.
Try it and use your imagination. By the way the ingredient I omitted from this recipe is sour cream. Which was to be added to the sauce once it was done at the end.

Remember, have fun and make it your!

And that's the "DISH" for today!



No comments:

Post a Comment