Friday, February 24, 2012

Pan Fry Apple Crisp......

Apples and cinnamon fill the air. It is such a comfort feeling when you have this aroma in your home.  Warm and inviting.

Yesterday, I was making lunch for my husband and thought, what am I going to make him for dessert. In my fruit bowl I had some apples, healthy right? I know he likes cinnamon too. So I think, what can I make that is quick with these, because he will be coming in soon for lunch. Something on the stove top would be the fastest. So, I came up with this recipe. Pan Fry Apple Crisp.

You can adjust these recipe more or less to your taste. It's quick and easy. I orginally served this alone in a dessert cup. Then we realized, this would be awsome on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream. So later in the day I just had to go to town and buy some vanilla ice cream. Using this as a topping on ice cream made it so much more creamer. The warm crisp just melts the top of the ice cream.  Then you take that first bite.....Mmmmmm.

Here's the recipe, enjoy.

Pan Fry Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
4 medium size apples
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp butter(1/2 of a stick)
Carmel topping(optional)
1 cup oatmeal(I used quick oats)
1/2 cup chopped pecans(your choice of nuts and optional)
2 tsp cinnamon(or to your taste)
Lemon juice(optional)
Kosher salt(optional

First, peel and cut apple into four wedges around the core. Cut the wedges into slices. The I place apples slices in microwaveable dish or bowl, sprinkle some lemon juice over apples then place in microwave for about 8 minutes (apples should be tender not completely soft), turning apples around half way through time. In the meantime, in a large frying pan, place butter to melt, on medium to low heat. When apples are done, place in frying pan as well. Cook apples in butter for about 5 minutes, then add, cinnamon, brown sugar, oatmeal, nuts, carmel and salt.  Stirring while it cooks for about another 5 minutes or so. Until apples are soft or to your preference. When done let sit for about 5 mins.

You can eat this just as a crisp or have it over your ice cream. You can adjust this recipe however you like. More oatmeal, less nuts or a different kind of nut. Like I always say use your imagination.


Remember, have fune and make it your!

And that's the "DISH" for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment